Sunday, June 25, 2006

Go Jenna!

I have a new favorite actress: Jenna Fischer.

I used to collect autographs by writing letters to celebrities that I truly admired, and asking them to sign a photo I included. I was often successful through the mid '90s, but once the internet took off, it was too easy for people to share success stories. Celebrities generally got overwhelmed and stopped signing things. So I gave up on that for a while.

I've loved "The Office" since the very first episode. Lots of the stars of that show are actually online while the office scenes are being shot, messing around or checking their MySpace accounts. Jenna has such an account, and she's refreshingly genuine on it. A couple weeks ago she posted an entry telling fans where to send autograph requests, sounding legitimately excited by the fact that there are fans who really would like her autograph. So I figured, what the heck. Might as well try. I made a print from a screen capture of the photo that Michael famously cobbled together in one episode with his "Photoshop skills," and sent it off. And within a week or two she sent it back, signed! Yay Jenna!

No comments: