Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Cool beans!


I just found out that I was a finalist in the "Create a name badge" contest on Kelly Clarkson's official website! So what you had to do was create five "badges," or titles, for all the members of Kelly's website forums who post designated amounts of messages. From these thousands of entries, Kelly's staff would pick the five top entries for each category, and currently members of the forums can vote on their favorite. In other words, they wanted to re-name the labels "Newbie (0 to 100 posts)," "Fan (up to 250 posts)," "Big Fan (to 600)," "Super Fan (to 1,499)," and "Mega Fan (1,500+)." Among the five finalists for renaming the category of "Super Fan," Kelly's staff chose to include my suggestion of "Among the Kellowship" (which, to me, is mysterious and intriguing, but to most of the tween Kelly fans, it probably won't even make sense. I do not expect to win.)

But just for being a finalist, I was awarded a free copy of Kelly's latest CD, "My December" (which is an odd gift for fan site forum members, as if any of us Dorks wouldn't already have the album. Sheesh.) Still, I now have a Christmas stocking stuffer for some lucky person!

Addendum: While I fully admit to being a geek in many forms and within several genres, I do wish to point out that I do not frequent the Kelly Clarkson forums, and only signed up to be eligible to participate in this contest in order to possibly win an autographed something, which I have slim to no chance of doing. This finalist award is nowhere near as cool as my personal phone call from Lisa Loeb, but it's still a little cool.

No comments: