Tuesday, January 09, 2007

A couple things.

It's been too long since I've posted, but I still find myself against the wall with deadlines and general busy-ness these days while we count down the days until "Baby Rose" (as my mother has named her - hopefully, yet in vain) makes her first public appearance. Therefore, I shall be brief.

Jen has been walking through this pregnancy with two friends - both also over 35, both also having had multiple miscarriages, and all three scheduled to have their babies within a month of each other. One had her baby early due to some complications about 5 weeks ago, and that baby just came home this week and is doing fine. The other, which was supposed to show up 3 weeks after ours, made a sneaky early arrival this weekend, leaving Jen the last to attempt to cross the finish line. So far, everything is going great, and believe it or not, in a few weeks there'll be another Baham roaming the earth, God willing. Anyhow, we are truly overjoyed at the grace God has shown to these other deserving women. And both of them had boys - either one of whom would be a great suitor for little "Rose," so we'll cross our fingers in that regard.

In the latest DoomBuggies news, today I received the 2,400th friend request to be added to my MySpace account. I wish there was a way for me to really determine whether or not the MySpace account actually helps promote DoomBuggies.com in any meaningful way, but I assume it does in some regard, so I persist in continuing a minimal presence in that cesspool of a website.

I'm always amused when a bush-league celebrity turns out to be a fan of DoomBuggies, so imagine my amusement to find this friend request in my MySpace inbox:



That's right - Dustin Diamond (but you probably just know him as "Screech") asked to be added to DoomBuggies the friends list. From what I understand, he's got a porneaux video out there, and is currently begging fans to give him money to save his house for some reason, so I don't know that I can actually recommend his work to any of you. Nevertheless, I added him to my list, as I do just about anyone that asks.

Anyway, I'll try to get more stories out there soon - got a bit of work to catch up on tonight yet. See ya around!

No comments: