Today, my pop-art poster by Tom Wilson arrived in the mail, signed as promised. The mailman also brought the latest house organ from the Darkride and Funhouse Enthusiasts organization, which featured a review of my book that ended by stating "you won't regret purchasing this wonderful book." Yay, DAFE!
In other news, I have been trying to track down an "Ursula" card from "Dinosaur King" so that I can have Michele sign it. It would make a fabulous addition to my collection of things. So I managed to track down Marc from Sega (thanks, Google!), who actually supervised the recording session Michele took part in, but he said that the Ursula cards (like the one he gave to Michele) are only made for special promotions of Kyoryu-King in Japan, so I probably wouldn't have much luck tracking one down. However, he also hinted that there would likely be some merchandising of Ursula down the road since Kyoryu-King is working out for Sega so well. Can you say Ursula the action figure? We can only hope.
I've long been thinking about another book that's scuttling around inside of me - kind of a practical guide to worship. I know that this blog tends to be more about the pop-culture side of my life, but I spend a good number of hours each week dedicated to doing work for the worship department at Church of the Chimes, and it's a big part of who I am. I think I have a lot to share about the practical side of worship ministry, and I also think I could teach myself a lot about the spiritual side even as I was writing a book about it. I'm just not sure that I could wrestle my life into a place where I could regularly devote time to the project. I'm not generally that disciplined, even regarding the important things.
But I learned a lot in my years performing live in nightclubs and small stages, and I've worked with some pretty successful Christian musicians in the past. I'll probably keep giving this some thought. Might even start a separate blog about it, as a sort of worship notepad. Hmm.
Oh yeah: Hey, Michele - Marc wanted me to tell you that you really did a wonderful job. Congrats!
Wednesday, July 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment