Monday, July 17, 2006

Carpet, paint, JCS, ultrasound.

So we've been up to our eyeballs in life, which explains the lack of blogging lately. I must be brief, as the home office I am sitting and blogging in needs to be empty by tomorrow in time for the official Home Depot Carpet-Measurers to do their thing, which I assume is to measure the room in order to accurately bill us for the new carpet we rather spontaneously decided to have installed in it. It's an oatmealy-Berber style, instead of the shag that was there when we bought the house. So that should be better for chair-rolling, which I do frequently in this room.

The carpet idea was brought on by a trip to Ikea in which I was supposed to simply be purchasing a couple new bookcases for the room (we brought home three of 'em, simple "Billys", black-brown finish.) I guess if you're putting in new bookcases, why not recarpet and paint too? I know, doesn't make much sense, but when you're in Ikealand, resturcturing and reordering rooms seems like such a good idea.

Oh yeah, painting. Not that you really see much of the wall paint in my office with all the limited-edition prints and movie posters littering the place. But anyway, the walls will be a bit bolder and warmer. I'm going with a deep rust - Behr's "Earth Tone" (click here and type in "Earth Tone" to check it out.) Gotta do the painting sometime soon - hopefully before they install the carpet, which is supposedly guaranteed to be put in place within 72 hours of our payment at the measuring ceremony maƱana. So this should all be coming down before the end of the week, though I imagine it could be next week before I'm really reestablished with lots of new shelves for collectibles-displaying.

Another quick note: San Jose City Lights Theater, a local company that performs in a downtown theater with just 99 seats, is performing "Jesus Christ Superstar" through mid-August. I tried to get tickets to the preview showing last Friday, but tickets for the whole first weekend sold out in advance. So Jen and I are going to catch the show with Jen and Brian this Friday. The immediacy of a 99-seat theater should really work well with the verve of this play, but I'll let you know.

Finally, we are officially announcing and showing the 11-week portrait of Baby B! This is our third pregnancy, so please keep Jen in your prayers - but the morning sickness has never been this bad, so we take that as being a "good" thing. The little baby was waving his-or-her arms and legs all over the place during the last ultrasound, which was pretty amazing to watch. (I will refrain from making any of my typical "Alien" jokes here, though Jen thinks they're pretty funny.) We've passed the points on the timeline at which we lost both of our other babies, so things are looking up.



Have a great week!

P.S. to Bridget: You missed a little shakin', rattlin' & rollin' last night, but it was only a 2.9, so no biggie. But the epicenter was practically right under our house, so it got me hiding under a doorframe. Then again, ever since Northridge, I suffer from seismophobia so there you go.

5 comments:

Melynda Van Zee said...

OK Jeff-I UNDERSTAND the love of paint and redecorating-especially when involving a "Studio" project, but to talk about paint colors and carpet before showing me the ultrasound photos...I don't know...that's cruel and unusual punishment even for this artist. Because, first and foremost I can't wait to hear more good news from you guys. I've been praying for that little bundle of joy for years. Be easy on a girl-I want BABY NEWS first from now on!!! :) Give that girl a hug from me!

Bridget said...

Aw, I missed an earthquake!!! Congrats on the wee one, that's so exciting!!!!

Chef Mayhem said...

Karin - I didn't even know you were coming to town! Mel - you know I gotta save the best for last... and Bridge - trust me, there'll be more to come. Unfortunately.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That's so exciting- I'll keep Jen and the little one in my prayers :)

Nellie said...

Congratulations! You will all be in our prayers. Please pass on the excitement to Jen as well!