Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas '08.

Some photos from the holidays!


Which is Jen happier about: the car stereo coupon, or the coupon for a night without television (and griping about what we're missing on the TV)?


Cami's cousin Will


The Baileys gave Cami Jeanine's old play cradle, which my dad made for Jeanine almost 40 years ago, I guess.


Grandma and Grandpa Baham and the grandkids. (The crazy-looking girl in the back to the right is not related. I think she's actually some sort of vinyl.)


In Iowa, Cami and cousin Amelia (with toy dalmation in mouth) checking out the pile of gifts.


The Bahams, Christmas day.


It was a mostly white Christmas - just enough snow fell to dust the ground each morning. But I most loved the second day after Christmas, due to...


...the ice which had formed overnight. I'd never seen this type of weather before, and I think it's much more beautiful than snow, and nothing like the annoying rime we get in California. Anyway - everything was coated with a crystal clear ice cocoon, like it was dipped in frozen sunlight. The photos really don't show it, so they're mostly to remind me of the drive to the airport, with each branch, twig, corn stalk, and blade of grass in the visible landscape glistening like a billion diamonds.





Hope y'all had a great holiday!

No comments: