Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Newsworthy.



Every Wednesday I design and layout the Almaden Times, a weekly newspaper of around 16,000 copies that is delivered to specific neighborhoods in San Jose. In today's issue, I was pleasantly surprised to see an article on The Journey, a church that started from our home church, with a nice photo of our friends Harry and Mindy, a couple in our weekly Bible study who attend The Journey. A couple weeks ago, the Journeyers took a Sunday off to do community service, which is something they do quarterly. The article sums it up - you can click the photo above if you'd like to download a larger copy of the page to read about the great stuff going on over at that church.

I was also surprised to see that our little neighborhood parade also made the paper as a photo op, because someone from the neighborhood sent the editor some pictures. Though the photographer took an astounding photo of the hydrant spout, my editor let me spice the article up with a little baby bling. So I decided to put the two stories together on the same page, since they're both special stories to the Bahams. Plus, there's something to save for Cami's scrapbook, someday.

No comments: