Saturday, February 09, 2008

IT baby.

One thing I forgot to follow up on was the Camille-and-Squirt incident. As it happens, what you're looking at here is an IT professional in the making (and not just because she already appears to understand how to use the remote.)



Previous to the Squirt-in-the-router incident, I had been planning to rid my new Gateway machine of Vista and go back to the familiarity and comfort of XP, for reasons not the least of which was a blue screen of death I was randomly receiving, on average, about twice a day. I knew it was likely some type of hardware conflict, and I thought I had narrowed it down to either the soundcard, DVD writer, or video card I had installed in the computer. But troubleshooting the problems had been making me crazy, and no combination of driver updates, BIOS-fiddling, or good-old-whacking-upside of the computer had seemed to help.

Needless to say, since the router incident and necessary re-purchasing of a router-modem combo, I haven't crashed once, and in fact haven't even powered down apart from a couple reboots to install this and that. So Camille gets the prize for saving daddy's sanity and computer. I'm even going to give Vista a fair shake.

No comments: