Perhaps it's just that the lack of new programming is getting to me, but after watching the first two hours of the Sarah Connor Chronicles, I have to give the show a big phat wOOt. (I am, of course, a huge geek.) Strangely, I both love and hate Summer Glau as John's new cyborg. I loved her weird part in the Firefly/Serenity shows, and she makes a mighty fine Terminatrix. I guess hate is too strong a word. But when she revealed herself to John in the first episode with the iconic line "Come with me if you want to live," I only had chills when I should have had shudders. I think it's because her "want to" had a girlish "wanna" sound.
Nevertheless, chills will do. Maybe it's a good thing the writers struck; had FOX managed its planned one-two punch of Terminator-24, I might have spontaneously combusted from all that televised goodness every Monday night. (Jen's not here as I'm writing this, but I think it's safe to say that she'd be rolling her eyes right now if she were.)
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment