Sunday, December 03, 2006

Autographs.

So Jen is excited because I decided I needed to put my secondary autograph collection (some of my favorite autographs are in picture frames on the walls, but my "secondary" collection is composed of various celebrities of greater or lesser fame that I happen to enjoy for one reason or another, but don't need to take up valuable wall space) into a new scrapbook, which means that we will be able to be crafty together, which is pleasing her to no end, since she is a die-hard "scrapper." The book my autographs were originally stored in doesn't protect them at all - I just sorta glued them to the bare construction-paper pages when I started putting it together 10 years ago, in the manner of, well, your basic scrapbook (at least until Creative Memories redefined the "scrapbook" as a 20-pound conglomeration of metalwork, sewing, papermaking, die-cutting, and overall overachievement. Not that there's anything wrong with that - a creatively designed Creative Memories book is a thing to behold.) But my autographs were getting fingerprints, bent corners, and glue stains from the cheap glue stick I had used to unceremoniously cement them into place.

So anyway, one good thing about Creative Memories is that they have made it much simpler to find supplies that make it easier to archive ephemera properly. So I'm going to be "making pages," as you scrappers out there seem to enjoy terming the process. Wish me luck.

I'm not sure what to do with my Pamela Anderson signed "Barb Wire" cards. They are a little bit risqué. They might not make the scrapbook cut. Ditto my Ashley-Judd-as-Marilyn-Monroe magazine page. Hmmm. Also, I can't find my Luke-Skywalker-signed trading card anywhere! Rats.

No comments: